Wednesday, September 24

Poll Season, Am I a Dick?

In a vote  full of misinformation, lies, flat out meanness and other McCain Campaign Strategies, it seems that it has been decided that I do not have a messenger bag, but a much more feminine man bag. In fact,  many claimed that it is actually a damn purse. I am not quite sure how to handle this aside from inventing a man bag cover with an extremely verile image on it. Something like Ricardo Montalban working on a transmission. I don't know. The voting will remain open in a desperate attempt to retain some testosterone, so feel free to weigh in.

Since voting seems to be the in thing right now, we are going to have ourselves another one.

Over the weekend I attended the wedding of my cousin. It was a lavish affair where assloads of fun was had.  Many amazing and hilarious things happened including one of my cousins riding up and down in the hotel elevator at 3 AM cleaning the floor with a vacuum he found in a closet. But, these are tales for another time because today we vote on what level of a dick I am.

As you may have realized, I am clueless about everything. My brother isn't much better. Since I am aware of our mental deficiencies, I often consult my parents just to be sure I am not being a complete moron. So before the wedding I had asked, with my brother present, how much money would be an appropriate gift. Their answer was around what I had figured.

Now shortly before leaving for the festivities, I began to think that, due to a recent influx of cash, I should give more because this was a very big event for my cousin and the entire family. Additional money was placed into the card. I told no one of this.

It only just occured to me yesterday that this generous increase in my gift may have caused a problem. In my haze of sentimentality and benevolence I failed to realize that I may have just pulled an incredible dick move on my brother (I hope that sentence doesn't show up in a keyowrd search). 

Here are some painful facts to consider before you vote. My brother and I make approximately the same amount of money. I don't really have a closer relationship with my cousin than he does, but I have had more recent contact with him. What I gave as a gift was 50% more than my brother did. A full $37.50.

That's about it. I'm not feeling very confident. Remember I was doing it for good reasons! I'm just very dumb.

Vote On


6 comments:

Crystal said...

well, did you put quarters in the card or what?

Em said...

I don't think you're a dick. It was for your cousin... your brother has nothing to do with it and if your cousin is the grateful type he shouldn't think twice about it.

Jay Ferris said...

I think you're only a dick if you consider the extra money as a down payment on future adulterous relations with your cousin's wife. Unless of course your cousin is the wife, in which case you sicken me.

Diane said...

I don't think you're a dick at all. It was nice of you to be a little extra generous.

And how will your brother ever even know?

Did the do a dollar dance where they pin money to the bride's dress?

Anonymous said...

You're right, it was a dick move on your brother.

It shouldn't be that way, cause you're doin something nice & it's coming from a nice, kind, warm place. (I mean that in the most holistic way possible).

I think it was nice, but I think your bro might think you purposefully slighted him (esp. since you asked how much in the 1st place).

Effortlessly Average said...

Hey, whatdya know! I googled "pull an incredible dick move on my brother" and this site popped up!