Friday, July 27

Missle Anius

I sit here once again in the phone bitch seat at work. The smell of pancakes and eggs are wafting from a nearby office. I know some of you people probably think my place of business must be a joke already considering how I am posting long rambling blogs from here, and the fact that a co-worker is doubling as a short order cook here most mornings can't do much to improve that opinion. There are also 3 small children running around in the conference room throwing a beach ball at each other. Sorry, we aren't hiring.

Yeah, Fridays are always slow during the summer. Somehow the weekend has extended into Thursday for many people and businesses. I don't mind really, but things get very dull here and I am forced to find ways to kill time. I hate being in this situation because when there is nothing to do I am left with my thoughts. My brain has a grudge against me. Some times my thoughts are cool, like when I think about how I would kill a polar bear if I had to. Most of the time my thoughts are bad though, like when I think about how a polar bear would kill me if it had to. So usually I resort to IMing people on AIM under my pseudonym ienjoypork.

I'm taking that poll down about Quien Es Mas Macho. The results were entirely inconclusive. Counting one slightly late vote, there was a three way tie for mas macho hombre. The one thing we can be sure of after that vote is that if Ricardo Montalban, Ray Jackson and myself were ever within 5 miles of each other, an entire zip code of women would become instantly impregnated and later give birth to babies with chest hair and fingerless gloves.

*UPDATE* I'm eating pancakes. God, these are good.

15 comments:

Diane said...

MMM - pancakes. My lame ass office just offers up bagels and muffins, and by the time I roll in, all the everything bagels will be gone. Sux.

Jay said...

Why do I get the feeling you work for a toy company, a la Tom Hanks in Big?

Mistress Empyrean said...

He's an executive ball washer. God, it's so obvious!

I'm in the basement of my company, so if there were any pabulum offered I'd be the last to know, but I have all the art supplies in the world to play with.

Blueberry?

Ryan said...

diane - It has been decided next week that we are inventing a breakfast meeting so we can have french toast and mozzerella omelettes. Sorry about the bagels being gone.

BP - Probably because of my boyish charms and obvious discomfort in my adult sized body. Also my boss is Robert Loggia.

mistress - You are very close. I am a professional Taint Scrubber. Your basement sounds pretty cool. I enjoy places that are both creative and dank. Sadly, no blueberries were present.

M-M-M-Mishy said...

My vote was so very late. But it still arrived in style.

I believe that if your job and my job got married, they would have the potential to create many pointless, inane and useless little joblets in their coupling. It would be beautiful. I enjoy my daily crosswords, blogging and staring out the window at the local hobos during my 9-5.

yll said...

I love breakfast food. It's the best.

Sassy Blondie said...

If you don't like being phone bitch, then which bitch would you like to be? ;o)

Mighty Dyckerson said...

An office is no place for small children. They should be in factories where they belong.

Diane said...

ryan - let me know if I can help out by sending you my recipe for overnight caramel french toast

Scary Monster said...

When yer brain has a grudge against you and yer bored you can always play poker with the kids in the confrence room. Just make sure they be havin their parent's wallets on hand.

STOMP.

Anonymous said...

i love your writing ryanmonkey

you funny like old people giving dirty sanchezes to mexicans.

Me Myself and I said...

My work has been slow for 8 months now. I have resorted to blogging, facebook and msn to keep me occupied. At least you're getting paid! (that's how I like to think of it anyway :)

Mistress Empyrean said...

Perk of being somewhat of an artist, even if all I doodle are advertising story boards, I still get all the art supplies my little heart can desire.

Oh, and how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? Hmm?

Crystal said...

i just shut my door and masturbate.

v said...

Pancakes are pretty healthy (though I guess it depends on the ingredients, but the mix one finds in the grocery store is rather healthy). Just ration the syrup, or use some of the low-cal/fat/sugar variety.

Yes, I am helpful.