Thursday, November 20

I Require Musical Assistance

My exercise habits are very bi-polar. I swing between periods of steady and increasing activity to states of intense loafing where I change my name to Argon and expend as little energy as possible.

Currently I find myself in a fit of running. It's going very well. I feel my wind building up faster than my Uncle Len's at Burritoville. I would like this trend to continue for a while longer, or at least until I stabbed by some street tough because I run at 10 o'clock at night. So I need some help to make this happen.

Good music make running  a hell of a lot easier. I must keep my play list constantly updated and refreshed.  If you would be so kind as to  suggest some tunes that will keep my legs moving when my brain is thinking of sofas and leftover chicken cutlets sitting in the fridge, I would greatly appreciate it.

I won't set any guidelines for the songs. I will check out  any selection you feel would help, but I may lose respect for you if you suggest something that is the garbages.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Ball and Chain by Social Distortion
Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Gimme Shelter - the Rolling Stones
Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes - Elvis Costello

Ryan said...

Ball and Chain may not be peppy enough for my current speed.
Go With the Flow is a brilliant suggestion.
Gimme Shelter will probably work as well.
I will check out the Elvis tune as soon as I get a chance at work.

Chris Wilson said...

Long Train Running-Doobie Brothers. Might be too contemporary for you though.

Crystal said...

garth brooks

Ryan said...

While you are correct that I generally won't listen to anything after Bill Haley, the Doobie brothers will be added. That is a jazzy tune that can only make me run in a smooth laid back manner.

Crystal you suck.

Em said...

First of all, are you drunk? Just checking.

Um.. how about Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler.

Oh shut up, you know you still respect me.

Ryan said...

Shows what you know. That suggestion only makes me respect you more.

I'm only disappointed I didn't have it on there already.

Catastrophe Waitress said...

I have this on Ministry chillout sessions number 507 or something.

If you want to feel that 70's cop shop groove, i think it would make good running music.

couldn't find it on imeem, but found it here -
max sedgely

Becky said...

I think we're alone now- Tiffany
"Running just as fast we can..."

Devil Went Down to Georgia-The Charlie Daniels Band
"Fire on the moun, run boys, run.
The devil's in the house of the risin' sun."

Ok for real dough-

Till I Collapse- Eminem & Nate Dogg

Tribulations- LCD Sound System

Pushin It- Rick Ross

Breathe- Fabulous

I tend to prefer what the kids call "RAP" when I run.

Hope this helps piss pants.