Tuesday, November 4

Rocking the Vote

Due to reports of long lines  to vote today I decided to bring my MP3 player along with me to help pass the time.

For 2 hours and 3 minutes I listened to nothing but "The Final Countdown" by Europe. That is 27 times in a row.

By the time I got into the voting booth I was completely worked up and oblicvious to the people staring at me every time I yelled out "Come on!" or "LETS DO THIS!!" and "NOW IS THE TIME!" I was so amped for Freedom and jacked up on Liberty that accidentally ripped off one of the switches as I voted.

So I apologize ahead of time to State Assemblyman Michael Cusick if you lose by one vote.

Sorry dude.


5 comments:

Diane said...

Things were interesting at the polling place for my town - Mayberry by the Sea. I was surprised to find one of the town drunks/colorful citizens handing out the verification numbers.

He's actually quite smart, and currently unemployed since he recently cut off three of his fingers with a power saw - though one of them was sewn back on.

I also was able to learn who won the football pool this week, so I can hit him up for a free beer next Saturday.

Obama '08!

Chris Wilson said...

At least you didn't hang your chad.

Becky said...

Great choice of song. I chose "Thunder Struck" by ACDC. I really got the line of people pumped up with my air guitar and school boy outfit.

As I left I shouted "YOU'VE BEEN (CLAP CLAP) THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!"

Anonymous said...

We had a weird thing this time. We all had to fill in bubbles w/ ink-pen. Then run the ballots through a scanner machine. They didn't even have the secret sleeves.

So, you didn't fill in circles w/ ink?

Em said...

I was in line for 5 minutes yesterday.... yea... I'm cool.