Friday, December 2

Racial Issues

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday which caused me to think about something important.

I think Black people forget a great advantage they have in this day and age. If they get bitten by a vampire and turn into one themselves, they don't have to worry about their skin getting all pale and corpse looking like white people do. Black Vampires like Blade and Blacula got it all, super vampire powers AND they retain their beautiful obsidian tint.

I'm not sure how it would work with some of the lighter skinned blacks like Lisa Bonet or Nick Nolte. I am planning to do a study next summer during prime vampire season.

However, don't forget Italian people have an advantage if they become Werewolves because they already are used to the expansive body hair. I swear I have an uncle Luigi who could be a werewolf with the way he tears into a plate of baked ziti. Same goes for my Aunt Gina. Actually, forget Aunt Gina. Werewolves don't have hair on their noses.

I'm not sure what I just typed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're up at 3:48am writing blogs while us mortals are sleeping, you might be a vampire!

Anonymous said...

It's difficult for an Italian to become a vampire due to all the garlic we consume. Plus we love looking at ourselves in the mirror every 5 minutes, but the werewolf thing sounds feasible. Which is probably why I-talians wear so much gold. They're afraid of Silver.

Ryan said...

lol @ that

You are a great thinker.

Becky said...

NICK NOLTE!!?!!

"I don't know what i just wrote"

I think I might love you Ryan. You are more random then Bea Arthur in a hotdog bun.

Anonymous said...

I really liked it.

Anonymous said...

Monkey; try to keep your comments shorter from now on.

Shavonne said...

Nick Nolte is black? That's something I didn't know.

I've always wanted to be a vampire. Eternal beauty and youth. The chance of having a Brad Pitt vampire sucking me dry......

Julia said...

As someone of Irish descent, I am often mistaken for a vampire.

However, I do get invited to all the cool vamp parties, so it all evens out.

Nubian Nerd said...

Hey Monkee,
I’m not sure what you just said either, but it seems to straddle the border somewhere between share brilliance and ‘these mushrooms taste like happy!’ Anyway, I’ve long contemplated joining the ranks of the undead but hesitated doing so because of the epithelial drawbacks. But now that you’ve assured me that melanin endowed individuals like myself have nothing to fear, there is nothing to stop me from going nosferatu. Besides, becoming a haemoglobin junkie may even give me a chance to get with Kate Beckinsale—wicked!