Friday, October 17

Questions

Next week I plan on posting a story that is large in both size and embarrassment. My dilemma is whether or not to break it up into two posts because of it's intimidating girth. It worked pretty well previously when I broke up my nightmarish Jean Shorts epic into Part 1 and Part 2

So what do you prefer? One over sized post, or a two part special with some time in between to digest how ridiculous a human being I am?

My other question is equally as dull. I need some new books to read. They make my commute more bearable.  Recent ones I have read include Pound for Pound by F.X. Toole, Agent ZigZag by Ben Macintyre and The Wizard of the Crow by Ngugi Wa'Thiong'O. I picked out the last book because the guys name is awesome, and it turned out to be a fantastic choice. I also read a few by my second favorite writer from the damp and lush land of Northwest America, Tom Robbins.

So what should I be reading? Books involving dinosaurs will go to the top of the list. 

5 comments:

Em said...

Intimidating girth? Wow. Um... I'd say definitely split it into two or more parts.

I haven't heard of any of the books you've read and I don't think I've ever read a novel featuring dinosaurs... I have a feeling you wouldn't like the books I'd recommend. Just a guess. :-)

Ryan said...

Don't be a chicken. I don't care if you read books with Fabio on the cover.

Unless you are reading books by Ann Coulter you need to share them.

Jay Ferris said...

Try Chuck Palahniuk; I finished Survivor recently, and it was a glorious mix of funny, horrible, and tragic. I also just read The Dangerous Book for Boys, but I have a thing for non-fiction.

As for the story, so long as part 1 is funny and not just a vehicle for getting us to where you blow your comedy load in part 2, I say split er up!

Diane said...

King Dork
Youth in Revolt
The Sex Lives of Cannibals
Me Talk Pretty One Day

Diane said...

p.s. anything by John LeCarre