Friday, February 3

Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Keeping with the theme from yesterday, I am going to tell you a strange experience I just had at work. I was talking on the phone to an Irish gentleman about some CDs he wanted me to send him to have a listen to. He seemed agigtated for some reason or another. Eventually this happened.

Me: So if you want, that's what I can do for you right now.

Irish: Lister, ya got ta understand somethin

Me: What's that?

Irish: The Otter tastes, they own matter.

Me: ... What?

Irish: The otter tastes, they own matter.

Me: I'm sorry can you say that again

Irish: THE OTTERS TASTES OWN MATTER!!

Me: The Otters what?

Irish: What's wrong with ye ears boy! The Otter Tastes own matter!

Me: *laughs*

Irish: *Unintelligible screaming apart form the word Fucker*


And then he hung up on me. I've been hearing Irish accents for almost 10 years now, and I still have no clue what that guy said.

9 comments:

Jay said...

The Dier Straits don't matter?

v said...

"You'll never get me pot o' gold!?!?"

My sincerest apologies to me Irish lads and lasses ... I just couldn't resist.

Umm, could the first part be "the other tapes" --- I mean you said you were talking about CDs and who listens to tapes anymore ... okay I'll repost if I can be helpful.

RevRee said...

THE OTTERS TASTES IT'S OWN MATTER?

Mighty Dyckerson said...

This post is otterly ridiculous!

Get it? Otterly ridiculous?!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

Haven't been reading up on you lately, I'm ashamed to say. But I just spent a few minutes getting back up to speed. I guess I had forgotten how funny, in a scary way, that you are.

You should compile all of your posts in a book. Although, it would be a crying shame that you couln't include those unforgettable audio posts!!

Anonymous said...

"whatever it takes. It don't matter."

that's my guess

0000 said...

"You otter gimmie the CD's for free, young squire. Arrr..."

I happen to be an expert Irish/Scottish linguist employed by the CIA.

Anonymous said...

The other tests, they don't matter. Only this test matters. If you get what I'm saying, I will shower you with riches forever and let you be a super cool spy in my CIA operations. But you don't get what I'm saying, fucker. *click*

Anonymous said...

"The other tastes, they don't matter."